America’s first lady/to read the text and translate the unknown words/page 26/English in mind
«America’s first lady»
Michelle Obama is America’s first lady, the wife of the US President, Barack Obama. Millions see her on TV. What do you know about her? Where is she from? How does she live?
Michelle is from Chicago. She’s the daughter of Faser and Marian Robindson. Her father is dead and Marian doesn’t live in Chicago any more. Marian is an imporant woman now, she is the grandmother of the US President’s children.
Now Michelle and her family live in washington, in the white house. There are 132 rooms and 35 bathrooms — but Michelle and her family don’t use them all!
The Obamas live with Michelle’s mother, their two daughters, Malia and Sasha, and their dog, Bo. Bo a present to the girls from their father, is a Potuguese water dog.
Michelle is very busy. SHe works on important projects for the American people. She also helps her husband with his work and his oficial duties.
Read the article again and listen. Write T (true) or F (false). Correct the false statements.
1. Michelle Obama comes from England. F
2. Her mother is alive but her father isn’t. T
3. Her mother’s name is Fraser. F
4. Michelle lives in Chicago now. F
5. There are two girls in the Obama family. T
6. Michelle helps her husband with his work. T
America’s first lady/to retell the text/English in mind
Grammar:present simple:positive and negative
A. Loov at the sentences. Underline the verbs.
1. Millions see her on TV.
2. She doens’t live in Chicago.
3. She helps her husband.
4. They don’t use all the rooms in the White House.
C. Look at the spelling for the third person singular. Complete the table.
D. Complete the sentences with the correct from of the verbs.
1. I live cats.
2. We don’t live pizza.
3. He studies French at school.
4. He don’t speak Italian.
5. She don’t listen to music.
6. I don’t study English.