1. Fill in the gaps with am, is, are, was or were.
My family and I are just back from amazing holiday in the Bahamas. We had a great time! The weather was fantastic. It was really hot and sunny. My family and I were so happy there. I know it was not that long ago but I amalready missing the sun and the sea, especially today because the weather is cold here. On the other hand, of course, it is nice to be back home with all my friends.
5. Ask and answer questions about what these people did/didn’t do yesterday. Then ask your partner questions to fill in the table about him/her.
1) Peter / go for a walk? Did Peter go for a walk yesterday? Yes, he did.
2) Peter / play golf? Did Peter play golf? Yes, he did.
3) Peter / write a letter? Did Peter write a letter? No, he didn’t
4) Mr & Mrs Page / play golf? Did Mr & Mrs Page play golf? No, They didn’t.
5) Mr & Mrs Page / wash the car? Did Mr & Mrs Page wash the car? Yes, they did.
6) Carolina / go for a walk? Did Carolina go for a walk? Yes, she did.
7) Carolina / play golf? Did Carolina play golf? No, she did.
8) Carolina / write a letter? Did Carolina write a letter? Yes, she did.
9) Carolina / wash the car? Did Carolina wash the car? No, she didn’t.
6. Look at what Maria did and didn’t do last Sunday. Then write sentences.
1) Last Sunday, Maria didn’t wake up late.
2) Last Sunday, Maria did her homework.
3) Last Sunday, Maria didn’t speak to her friend, Mary.
4) Last Sunday, Maria didn’t have lunch with her grandparents.
5) Last Sunday, Maria took her dog, Fluffy, out for a walk.
6) Last Sunday, Maria helped her mother make dinner.